Reference class DAC with 6.3mm headphone output designed for studio professionals
With six digital (including 2 x IIS/DSD) and one analog stereo inputs, RCA stereo and XLR balanced outputs, and decoding capability of PCM 384K, DSD256 & MQA, the NuPrime DAC-9X is a reference-class DAC designed for studio professionals and high-end audiophiles. DAC-9X also provides a 6.3mm standard stereo headphone output.
To meet the requirement of customers who want to eliminate extra components in their system, a high-end preamp capable of driving the power amplifier directly is an essential part of the design. The DAC-9X high-end preamp features include:
- Analog volume control design using a low noise and low distortion resistance ladder circuit similar to switch-resistor network.
- Digital controlled dual-mono analog shunt to ground volume control achieves zero added noise or distortion.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source level matching.
As the heart of an audio system, the DAC-9X supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Dual ESS Technology 32-bit audio DAC ESS9028Q2M independently decode left and right channels improve channel separation and reducing overall noise. The Vishay professional film MELF resistors provide excellent sound quality.
The AC hum is kept to a minimum by using a low noise power supply with antivibration treatment. The rest of the onboard power circuit is designed to minimize noise as well.
Native MQA Decoding
The DAC-9X includes MQA technology, which enables you to playback MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording. The front panel LED indicates if the MQA stream is detected. ‘Green’ or ‘Blue’ and ‘Magenta’ indicate that the product is decoding and playing an MQA stream or file and denotes provenance to ensure that the sound is identical to the source material. “Green” indicates it is playing an MQA Authentic file, and “Blue” means it is playing an MQA Studio file. “Magenta” means it is playing an MQA ORFS (Original Sample Rate) file which has either been approved in the studio by the artist/producer or has been verified by the copyright owner. For more about MQA, please visit: http://www.mqa.co.uk/
Other notable features:
- NuPrime SRC IC chip (co-developed with IC vendor) provides DSP processing where Input signals are up-sampled to megahertz before down converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- Extension port for Bluetooth receiver and WiFi audio streamer (optional).
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method.
- Ultra- low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode.
Using Bluetooth and WiFi Audio Receivers and Dongles
NuPrime defined an USB Type-A port to carry S/PDIF data and 5V power for connecting to external wireless audio receiver using just one standard USB cable.
The NuPrime Omnia WR-1, BTR-HD, Stream Mini and Stream Mini DAC wireless receivers have a micro USB port that is compatible this specification. This allow a standard off-the-shelf USB-A to micro USB cable to be used for power for the receiver as well as wireless audio data transfer in S/PDIF format.
- USB: Type B 2.0 Hi-Speed, Windows OS: data stream up to 384KHz/24Bit and Native DSD 256.
USB: Type B 2.0 Hi-Speed, Mac / Linux OS: data stream up to 384KHz/24Bit and DOP DSD 128.
- IIS/DSD: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 384KHz/32Bit and DSD 64 ~ DSD 256 data streams.
- OPTICAL: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 192KHz/24Bit and DOP 64.
- COAXIAL: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 384KHz/24Bit and DOP 64 and 128.
- RCA: Up to 1.5 Vrms audio signal.
- EXTENSION: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 192KHz/24Bit.
- TRS 6.3mm headphone out
Output power: 1700 mW, 32 ohms, <0.01% THD (watts per channel).
Output power: 135 mW, 600 ohms, <0.005% THD (watts per channel).
- RCA unbalanced outputs: 4 Vrms
- XLR balanced outputs: 8 Vrms
- Optical S/DPIF out (PCM up to 192KHz supporting DoP format DSD64)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB.
- SNR: > 110 dB.
- THD+N: < 0.0005%.
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 60 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 2.5Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 2.5A, 250VA
Note : DAC-9X does not guarantee that all IIS/DSD source will operate and be compatible due to wide variety of brands and custom specs.
NuPrime DAC-9X DAC & Preamp