Highly Accurate CD Transport with SRC and External Power Supply
The NuPrime CDT-9 is a highly accurate professional music CD transport with powerful DSP-based decoder that provides all Red Book error-correction capabilities with master-clock control of the entire decoding system, thus lowering jitter significantly. The transport’s single speed minimizes vibration and unbalanced discs. A selectable sampling rate converter (SRC) samples the CD format to a higher sampling rate (up to PCM 24-bit/768kHz and DSD256) with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
Highly Accurate CD Playback
- A powerful ARM chip LPC2103F CD reads, writes and controls error correction
- Philips SAA7824HL high-end laser reads/writes head control and decodes chips or CD transport. The transport and laser assembly is a Sony KHM-313.
- Supports CD-DA CD-R, CD-RW formats
- Algorithm reduces digital interference resulting in extremely low jitter
- Coaxial output with a dedicated isolation transformer
- Low jitter I2S output for professional use
Sampling Rate Converter
- The sampling rate of CD playback can be up sampled to PCM and DSD, from 44.1kHz to 768kHz or DoP256
- The conversion is achieved by up-sampling to mega hertz before down converting to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion
Power and Mechanical
- Custom R-type professional transformer with shielding
- Low power consumption in Standby Mode
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet
- High quality aluminium remote control
- Available in black or silver anodized aluminum ﬁnish
- External AC adapter included
- Recommended External PS upgrade with LPS-212
- Optical Output (up to 24 bits / 192 kHz) (DoP64)
- Coaxial Output (up to 24 bits / 768KHz) (DoP256)
- HDMI I2S Output (up to 24 bits / 768KHz) (DoP256)
- AES / EBU Output (up to 24 bits / 768KHz) (DoP256)
*Note that the I2S output is for connecting with other NuPrime products and may not work with other devices.
- Optical Sampling Rates Converter (SRC): 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, DoP64
- Coaxial Sampling Rates Converter (SRC): 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHZ, 384KHz, 705KHZ, 768KHZ, DoP64, DoP128, DoP256
- HDMI I2S Sampling Rates Converter (SRC): 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHZ, 384KHz, 705KHZ, 768KHZ, DoP64, DoP128, DoP256
- AES / EBU Sampling Rates Converter (SRC): 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHZ, 384KHz, 705KHZ, 768KHZ, DoP64, DoP128, DoP256
- Bit Resolution: 24-bits
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 260 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 3Kg
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 1A, 250VA
- Worldwide AC voltage: 100VAC~240VAC
The experience ordering through Summit Hi Fi was excellent. The order was processed quickly and shipment and delivery were expedited as promised. I love the CDT-9 and it’s build quality and performance in my system is most satisfying.
I am not going to gush over the sound of the unit because I made other system changes and have no idea which piece has caused the most improvement. The unit operates flawlessly so far. I do wish a person could choose a track without advancing one track at a time - a readout of all tracks and the ability on the remote to choose an individual one (four, seven, twelve, etc.).
Top end equipment with a great sound