CD Player With Integrated High-End DAC & Preamp
The NuPrime CDP-9 is a highly accurate CD player with an integrated high-end DAC and preamp. A powerful DSP-based decoder that provides all Red Book error-correction capabilities with master-clock control of the entire decoding system, thus lowering jitter signiﬁcantly. The transport’s single speed minimizes vibration and unbalanced discs. The high-performance DAC, together with a selectable sampling rate converter for the digital output (up to 32bit/768kHz and DSD512) converts the CD format to either SPDIF at highest sampling rate or DSD format up to DSD512.
Highly Accurate CD Playback
- A powerful ARM chip LPC2103F CD reads, writes and controls error correction
- Philips SAA7824HL high-end laser reads/writes head control and decodes chips
- Supports CD-DA CD-R, CD-RW
- Algorithm reduces digital interference and jitter
A Reference Class Preamp
- Advanced, FPGA-implemented, switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume with a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source-level matching
- Volume adjustments in 99 precise 0.5dB increments. Full microprocessor control with memory retention
Sampling Rate Converter
- The sampling rate of any digital inputs, including CD playback, can be converted up or down between PCM and DSD, from 44.1kHz to 768kHz or DSD64 to DSD512
- The conversion is achieved by up-sampling to mega hertz before down converting to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion
- High performance op-amp headphone amp
- Exclusive driver software for Windows
- Standard driver software for Mac
Power and Mechanical
- Low power consumption in Standby Mode
- Available in black or silver anodized aluminum ﬁnish
Using Bluetooth and WiFi Audio Receivers and Dongles
NuPrime defined an USB Type-A port to carry S/PDIF data and 5V power for connecting to external wireless audio receiver using just one standard USB cable.
The NuPrime Bluetooth dongle BTR-8, D-Stream Audio Primo HD (24-bit/192kHz) and NuPrime WR-100/100D (24-bit/96kHz, co-developed with D-Stream) wireless receivers have a micro USB port that is compatible this specification. This allow a standard off-the-shelf USB-A to micro USB cable to be used for power for the receiver as well as wireless audio data transfer in S/PDIF format.
- COA: Coaxial input for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any device with a coaxial source.
- OPT: Optical input for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any device with an optical source.
- USB: USB input for computer (PC/MAC) and for NAS devices. CDP-9 does not guarantee that all NAS will operate and be compatible due to wide variety of brands and custom specs.
- EXT: Extension (digital) port for optional Bluetooth (NuPrime BTR-8) and WiFi module (WR-100 or compatible D-Stream products). This is proprietary port that provides S/PDIF signals and 5V power.
- AES: AES balance input.
- Optical Output (up to 24 bits / 192 kHz) (DoP64)
- Coaxial Output (up to 24 bits / 768KHz) (DoP256)
- I2S Output (up to 24 bits / 768KHz) (DoP512)
- ANALOG OUT: Stereo RCA Output (4Vrms)
- XLR Balance OUT: True balance XLR balance Output (8Vrms)
Note that the I2S output is for connecting to other NuPrime products and may not work with other devices.
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,176.4KHz,192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz(64), 5.6MHz(128), 11.2MHz(256)
- Coaxial Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHZ, 384KHz, 705KHz, 768KHz, Dop64, Dop128, Dop256
- Optical Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, Dop64
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- D/A THD+N: 0.0005%
- D/A SNR > 120 dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20KHz ± 0.3dB
- CD THD+N: 0.003%
- CD SNR > 114 dB
- Headphone output power: 150 mW @ 1 kHz and 33 ohm load
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 2.3Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: 100VAC~240VAC Adapter