Referenec Level DAC, Preamp and Headphone Amp
The NuPrime DAC-10H is a beautifully crafted work of audio art. It has leading edge industrial design that is unique in the world of audio components. The quality of construction is excellent and the way the component feels when you hold it in your hands tells you that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Offered in two stunning finishes, either the silver or the black components offer you a choice of style to match your personal design sensibility. Regardless of where it is displayed in your home it will be a statement of discrete elegance.
It's simple, straightforward interface allows for ease of use by you, your family and your guests. Anyone can enjoy their favorite music with the NuPrime DAC-10H through a stereo amplifier and a pair of beautiful speakers or the powerful, built-in headphone amplifier that provides a personal listening experience that is second to none.
Just one listen will confirm that the NuPrime DAC-10H is at the peak of audio performance. Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact. The music you enjoy is reproduced with precision and everything you hear is natural and true to life. With ultra-low distortion and near unmeasurable levels of noise, you can experience the truth and beauty of your music. With lightning-fast, wide-range dynamics all types of music are reproduced exactly as you would hear them live. The experience is complete with the vast soundstage that the NuPrime DAC-10H creates. You will be immersed in the musical event and feel as if you are actually 'there'.
Simply stated, the NuPrime DAC-10 offers an incredibly honest, life-like, musical experience.
The Ultimate Desktop DAC and Headphone Amp
The NuPrime DAC-10H combines leading-edge technology that offers PCM 384K & DSD256 decoding with a high-power balanced headphone amplifier. To excel beyond high performance DACs cluttering the marketplace, NuPrime recognizes that merely supporting standard sampling rates and hi-res music formats using state-of-the-art chips or proprietary digital signal processing is not sufficient. To satisfy the most discerning audiophiles, the NuPrime DAC-10H must do three things exceptionally well: 1) drive any headphones with ease; 2) deliver the utmost detail during a symphony’s quietest passages or a soundtrack’s heart-pounding explosion; and 3) all of this in the most natural sound. Simply put, the NuPrime DAC-10H is a truly musical device.
A Reference LE Class Preamp
To meet the requirement of customers who want to eliminate extra components in their system, a high-end preamp capable of driving the power amplifier directly is an essential part of the design. The NuPrime DAC-10H includes features borrowed from the NuForce Reference class P-20 preamp:
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, i.e., a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source level matching.
Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments.
As the heart of an audio system, the NuPrime DAC-10H supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Utilizing the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DAC is only a first step for designing the ultimate DAC. When state-of-the-art solutions are readily available to all vendors, the experience and proprietary know-how in designing many Editor’s Choice and Product of The Year award-winning products elevate the NuPrime DAC-10H above the competition.
Several notable features:
- Five digital and two stereo inputs for system flexibility.
- SABRE32 Reference ES9018 from ESS Technology is the world’s best-performing 32-bit audio DAC solution for high-end consumer applications and professional studio equipment. With ESS’s 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented dynamic range of up to 135dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, all of which put the NuPrime DAC-10H at the industry’s cutting edge.
- Symmetrical signal processing with exact signal transmission over the entire frequency spectrum and extremely low harmonic distortion, ensuring an unadulterated musical presentation.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise level.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method.
- Sample Rate Display – 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz and DSD64 to DSD256.
- Unique dual gain settings for RCA with 2V or 4V outputs, XLR with 4V or 8V outputs; and each of the balanced and unbalanced headphone outputs with four different high power output settings.
- Exclusive driver software for Windows.
Standard driver software for Mac.
Today’s best headphones can cost as much as a high-end DAC. Their owners demand a headphone amp that fully exploits their potential. Key features of the headphone amp:
- A 4-pin balanced and a standard 6.2mm stereo headphone amplifier outputs.
- Output circuitry designed for use with up to two dynamic headphones. Consistent wiring and the use of XLR-4 sockets ensure excellent channel separation.
A gain switch for use with in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones.
- Linear power supply with multi-rail toroidal transformer.
- Independent left/right channel power supplies.
- 12V trigger output
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Included remote control for full convenience.
Available in stylish black or silver anodized aluminum finish
The NuPrime Sound
Just one listen confirms the NuPrime DAC-10H as a true hallmark of audio performance:
- Vast soundstage
- Lightning-fast, wide-range dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact.
- 1 x USB Digital
- 2 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF
- 2 x Optical Digital S/PDIF
- 2 x Analog Stereo RCA
- Optical (up to 24 bit/192 kHz)
- Stereo RCA (Line out)
- Stereo Balanced (XLR-3 socket pre-out )
- Balanced headphone amplifier (XLR-4 socket )
- Unbalanced headphone amplifier (6.3 mm jack socket )
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz (DSD64) , 5.6MHz (DSD128) 11.2MHz (DSD256)
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 24-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-24-bits
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 80kHz
- Max. output power: 680 mW @ 1 kHz and 600 ohm load at the XLR-4 output
- Crosstalk attenuation: min. 93 dB @ 1 kHz
- THD+N: < 0.0003%
- Frequency response (headphone): < 10 Hz to > 100 kHz
- Dynamic range (headphone): > 115 dB @ 600 ohm load (A-weighted)
- Dimensions: 59 mm H x 215.4 mm W x 394 mm D
- Weight: 10.5 pounds ( 4.8 kg )
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow,T2.5A, 250VAC
- Power Consumption:
- With 110V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 1.17W.
- With 230V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 2W.
- With 110V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 13W.
- With 230V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 14W.