Introducing the Tonewinner AD-1PA Class A Amplifier, a triumph of engineering that sets a new standard in audio amplification. Meticulously designed and expertly crafted, this 2-channel amplifier represents the pinnacle of high-fidelity audio, delivering an auditory experience that is truly unparalleled.
Model: AD-1PA Class A Amplifier - 2 Channel
Prepare to be captivated by the sonic prowess of the Tonewinner AD-1PA Class A Amplifier. This amplifier is a testament to the fusion of cutting-edge technology and timeless craftsmanship, resulting in a sound quality that is rich, detailed, and immersive.
- Pure Class A Amplification: The AD-1PA operates in pure Class A mode, ensuring that the amplifier is always on and delivering the highest quality sound. This design choice eliminates the need for switching and provides a continuous flow of pristine audio.
- Uncompromising Sound Quality: With a focus on audio purity, the amplifier's circuitry is meticulously optimized to minimize distortion and noise, resulting in a faithful reproduction of your music's nuances.
- Exceptional Power and Control: The AD-1PA boasts a robust power output that ensures effortless driving of even demanding speakers. Its dynamic control lets you experience the full spectrum of sound, from delicate whispers to thundering crescendos.
- Premium Build and Materials: Crafted with precision and care, the amplifier features high-quality components that contribute to its exceptional performance and durability.
- Elegant Design: The amplifier's sleek and understated design seamlessly blends with any audio setup, making it a versatile addition to both contemporary and classic environments.
With the Tonewinner AD-1PA Class A Amplifier, your music transcends ordinary listening and becomes a captivating journey through every note and melody. Whether you're an audiophile seeking sonic perfection or someone who simply appreciates the beauty of sound, this amplifier promises an experience that will touch your soul.
Audio Specifications: Pure Class “A” Amp
- Topology: Class A/Class AB
- Numbers of Channel: 2 Channels - (High powered single channel modules): Independent windings for each channel from transformer.
- Power Output: ( Rated Power; THD <0.1% @ 115V (Tested @ AC 115V) - (AC 240V Will Increase the output wattage and maintain the THD<0.1%.)
- 300 watts RMS/channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; Two channel driven.
- 500 watts RMS/channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.1%; 4 Ohms; one channel driven.
- 320+ watts RMS/channel; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; one channel driven..
- Pure Class “A” Mode 100 Watts at 8 ohms
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).
- Broad-Band Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 104 kHz +/-3 dB.
- THD + noise: < 0.0016%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
- > 116dB - 120dB; FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 2 Ohms
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 200.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.6 V.
- Gain: 29.5 dB.
- Maximum Power Consumption: 1200 watts.
- Power Supply: 110V-240V: 15 Amps - 20 Amps Auto Switching Class A/AB Power Supply.
- Modules: Separate Heatsinks for individual modules.
- Bi-Amp Option Available
- Full balance; holo symmetry; differential input; differential BTL output.
- Each channel is equipped with 8 pairs of HI-FI power transistors
- 60A current output capacity.
- 1200W Toroidal transformer; 180000uF audio filter capacitor
- Intelligent management of switching High/Low voltages ( Auto switch for 115/230V input power)
- Class A/Class AB Auto/Manual switch
- Multiple ways for protection: Overcurrent protection, DC protection, self-excitation protection, & overheat protection
- Standby power consumption: ≤1W
- Material: Aluminum
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Silver
- Dimensions: 17.48 x 16.73 x 8.75 Inches
- Weight: 42kgs / 92.60LB
- Accessories: Power Cable Included
Prepare to be moved by the Tonewinner AD-1PA Class A Amplifier, where technology, innovation, and craftsmanship converge to create an auditory masterpiece that breathes life into your music and elevates your audio journey to extraordinary heights.
When I was a young a hundred years ago, I promised that I would not be one of those old people that said things like “ In my day” Or any other nostalgic type of pronouncements. I did not keep that promise.
Another promise I made and was able to keep (until today)was not to use worn to death phrases like. “I heard things that I did not hear before”. Or I went to my music collection and was replaying songs that I thought I knew inside and out. Bla, bla, bla.
The Tonewinner AD-PA1 was to be my last component to be added to my system The goal;? “End Game” The final path was to be Pontus 2, 12th Edition DAC and Hermise Digital to Digital converter, then finally, the Tonewinner AD-PA1
For reasons I will not bore you with, I decided I would get the amp first and then the D to D converter. Good move. Why? I was able to establish such a performance base line, that no matter what I now add to my system it’s contribution or detriment would be seen right away.
One owner said that this beats out Krell and a few other of the big time players. Well I never had those in my system. No doubt it beat my old Parasound, Steve McCormick DNA1 and My Audio GD, and my PS Audio s300.
Here is just one of the things that blows me away. I have a few CD’s that say how well they were recorded or remastered. Some I just said “ Meh” when I heard them. The Jazz ones that I had that were remastered my Esoteric seemed harsh and over done. Another recording that I was never was Francis Albert Sinatra With Antonio Carlos Jobin. I played it and it was if I had just heard it for the first time in life. Well as the saying goes' . It’s not you it’s me.
Now I fully enjoy my Esoteric pressing and other CD because up Until now my systems was just not up to par. Thanks to the Tonewinner those days are over and my system is at a level that I never dreamed of when I ordered it. I can honestly say
These two words. END GAME!!!
I have been a loyal customer with Summit HiFi for a few years now. I really enjoy trying new gear in my system. So far I have purchased quite a few items, including; SVS prime pinnacles and center, SVS SB4000, and a SB3000 sub, NAD M17v2 processor, Legacy Classic HD, and Silver screen center ch, and 2 Tonewinner AD 5180 5 ch amplifiers so far!! Some pieces I have since sold and upgraded. I use my system mostly for music lately and really enjoy it. But still love watching movies too!
For 2 ch I had a pair of PS Audio M700 Mono blocks, which were great and very much enjoyed them. Aamir always teased me, saying the Tonewinner AD 1PA would be an upgrade. I really like the TW product, I still have the two 5ch amplifiers. A friend, who has a You Tube channel, here in Calgary, has the TW AD 1PA amplifier. We did a comparison between my PS Audios and the AD 1PA. Aamir was not kidding about the AD1PA regarding how good it is!! That was 3 weeks ago. I called Aamir that day, and humbly said "you are right, again!!!" The mono blocks are now gone, and within 4 days I had the TW AD 1PA at my door!
I have about 30 hrs on the TW now. I am very impressed so far! and it just gets better! All my listening has been in Class A. This Amplifier is by far the best I have ever experienced. The 3 dimensional soundstage, instrument separation, layering, imaging.... just fantastic! Live recordings have "Air" and great depth. Highs sound "real" no excessive sharpness or harshness with great detail, vocals sound so natural its amazing! The bass is "Anvil" solid, deep and extremely accurate. I have listened for many hours at a time, had to force myself to stop. This is one serious Amplifier with BIG legs! Has huge power, with finesse of a Surgeon. It will drive any speaker out there. This TW AD 1Pa is truly a high end audio product, build quality, its sonic attributes, and looks truly exceed its price. Even double! I must thank Aamir for his honesty, knowledge, and impeccable customer service and support! Ps, BUY this Amplifier!
I came from several different receivers and amplifiers and just could not find anything good. I came from Arcam sa30, onkyo, marantz, rotel, Parasound and odyssey audio. Either they just lacked power or the bass and midrange was just not there even though they claim to be the best. So after reading reviews and watching some youtube videos i went ahead and contacted Aamir. He quickly responded to my email and he explained his product with detail. I am simply blown away with the level of customer service and response time that I experienced with Aamir. He gave me his cell phone and he even texted to help me with all of my questions and concerns with this amplifier.
Since i received this amplifier, i have watched several movies and listened to a-lot of music with absolute amazement of how detailed the sound is. I love strong bass so when i heard this amp for the first time plugging it in i was simply blown away of how detailed, strong and fast and clean the bass is. Its not over powering at all, just clean and strong. My Arendal speakers have never sounded this good with any other amps that i have purchased. It also makes the speakers totally disappear and almost sounds like i have a center channel when i don’t. My system is set up as a 2.2
I am hearing things in movies and music i have never heard before. Even the smallest of sounds just come out, i dont know this happens but it does. It is weird how one amp to another can sound so different. I know, I know it sounds cliché but it is true. Every review i have read on this amp and processor are true. The quality if this amp is outstanding. When you take it out of the box be prepared to wear a safety belt because it is HEAVY. The packaging is perfect and strong to handle this. No damage at all.
This amplifier does get hot and will need plenty of ventilation. I even asked Aamir if the heat is a concern and he re assured me that it is so well built that it will be just fine with adequate ventilation.
I am finally done searching for “that right amp”. This is absolutely the best priced and performing amplifier that you can buy. Stay away from the big box stores and get treated the way you should with Aamir. He treats you with respect and will go out of his way to help. Heck, you’ll swear that you have know him forever. All the other Big Companies that spend more on their advertisement than they do on the quality of their product and don’t teach basic customer service skills, really need to take a lesson on customer service from Aamir.
Great job Aamir
Hope this review helps with your decision on this amp.
Arendal 1723 THX Ultra Towers
Tone Winner AD-1PA amplifier
Tone Winner AT-300 processor
(2) SVS 1000 Subwoofers
Roku for movies and music
The amplifier is an outstanding addition to my system. Excellent clarity and detail with very good transparency. Makes the speakers disappear.
I agree with you! It sounds very clean, airy and controlled. There are also quite good resources. My speakers are not difficult to drive, Magnum Signature 707. I think, however, that you can go with really big heavy things. In class b mode, it stays really cool.
This is a nice amp, the build quality also feels good.