1MΩ input impedance, high power, and full-balanced design delivering the most transparent and detailed signal with a wide frequency bandwidth and rich harmonics
The AMG HPA is the world’s first headphone amplifier that utilizes the 1MΩ input impedance design, first used in our flagship EVO ONE amplifiers, and now in the AMG series. Adhering to the philosophy of the AMG series, the intention is to deliver the most transparent and detailed signal from the source to the rest of the audio chain. With the intimate listening experience that headphones provide, the stark difference in the level of performance easily demonstrates the advantage of the AMG 1MΩ design.
The input stage utilizes Ultra-High Bandwidth (communications applications), Low-Noise JFET for the 1MΩ input impedance circuitry. Amplification circuitry uses a Single-Ended, Non-Negative Feedback Class A module for a wide frequency bandwidth and rich second order harmonics.
Fully balanced amplification that consists of independent circuitries for input, volume, amplification and power output stages. The volume control uses two MUSES72320 to achieve a fully balanced 100 levels (0-99) of volume adjustments. This is the best volume control we’ve put into a product and likely the best for any headphone amplifier.
A specially customized R-Core transformer and 26000uF of filtering capacitors used in the power supply ensures that the circuitries are provided with fast and stable power.
Besides having the headphone outputs, the AMG HPA also has 2 sets (XLR and RCA) of analogue outputs where it could be used as a reference level pre-amp with 1MΩ inputs.
- 1 x Balance XLR
- 3 x Analog Stereo RCA
- 1 x 6.3mm Headphone Out
- 1 x 4.4mm Balance Headphone Out
- 1 x 4 Pin XLR Balance headphones out
- 1 x Stereo RCA Out
- 1 x Balance XLR Out
- Input Impedance:
- Balanced In: 1M Ohm @ 10 Hz ~ 200 kHz
- Line In: 1M Ohm @ 10 Hz ~ 200K Hz
- 6.3mm Headphone Output Power: Max 2000mW @ 32 ohm / 150mW @ 600 ohm
- Balanced Headphone Output Power: Max 3500mW @ 32 ohm / 300mW @ 600 ohm
- Dynamic Range > 80 dB
- THD+N: 0.05 %
- S/N ratio > 100 dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 200KHz (-3dB)
- Crosstalk Attenuation: min. 80 dB @ 1 kHz
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 235 mm x 55 mm x 300 mm
- Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Worldwide AC Voltage: 90VAC~130VAC / 210VAC~ 250VAC with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, T2A, 250VAC