The AMG DAC uses dual ESS DACs with discrete Class-A transistors for natural, detailed, and expansive sound stage sound characteristics. With five digital including IIS/DSD and one analog stereo input, RCA stereo, and XLR balanced outputs, and decoding capability of PCM 384K, DSD256, the NuPrime AMG-DAC is a reference-class DAC designed for studio professionals and high-end audiophiles.
In a modern high-end DAC, the preamp stage plays a prominent role in determining the sound qualify and characteristics. AMG DAC preamp design features:
- Output stage voltage amplification employing all discrete components.
- Output stage current amplification utilising a high-speed amplifier with complete discrete components.
- “Current transmitter” has no negative feedback amplifier.
The sound is natural and relaxed with no hint of digital. Users can hear a very open sense of live performance space with a focused sound field. The guitar and piano melody naturally scattered in the listening space, making people relax and immerse themselves in it, transforming the stiff strings into natural and smooth sounds.
As the heart of an audio system, the AMG-DAC supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Dual ESS Technology 32-bit audio DAC ESS9038Q2M independently decode left and right channels improve channel separation and reducing overall noise. The Vishay professional film MELF resistors provide excellent sound quality.
Muses 8820 DAC IV Circuit
Dual ESS DACs
Other notable features:
- Muses 72320 volume control.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip (co-developed with IC vendor) provides DSP processing where input signals are up-sampled to megahertz before down-converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- Extension port for Bluetooth receiver and WiFi audio streamer (optional).
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and the DoP method.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.
Using Bluetooth and WiFi Audio Receivers and Dongles
NuPrime defined a USB Type-A port to carry S/PDIF data and 5V power for connecting to external wireless audio receiver using just one standard USB cable.The NuPrime Omnia WR-1, BTR-HD, Stream Mini, and Stream Mini DAC wireless receivers have a micro USB port that is compatible with this specification. This allows a standard off-the-shelf USB-A to micro USB cable to be used for power for the receiver as well as wireless audio data transfer in S/PDIF format.
- C1: Coaxial input for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any device with a coaxial source.
- O2: Optical input for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any device with an optical source.
- U3: USB input for computer (PC/MAC) and for NAS devices.
- E4: Extension port for Bluetooth or WIFI. (Optional)
- A5: Stereo analog for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any analog source device.
- HE: IIS/DSD Digital input With HDMI cable to transfer IIS and DSD data from NuPrime source devices. Do not connect to the HDMI output of Set Top Box or BD / DVD player.
Note: AMG-DAC does not guarantee that all NAS devices will operate and be compatible due to
wide variety of brands and custom specs.
- 1 x Balance XLR Out
- 1 x Stereo RCA Out
- 1 x TRIGGER out
- RCA unbalanced outputs: 2 Vrms
- XLR balanced outputs: 4 Vrms
- High Low Gain = X2
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB
- S/N ratio > 110 dB
- THD+N: < 0.05%
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 235 mm x 55 mm x 300 mm
- Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Worldwide AC Voltage: 90VAC~130VAC / 210VAC~ 250VAC with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, T2.5A, 250VAC
I2S Pin Definition