Reference Class Stereo Power Amplifier
The NuPrime ST-10 amplifier, like the NuPrime DAC-10 is a beautifully crafted work of audio art. It has leading edge industrial design that is unique in the world of audio components. The quality of construction is excellent and the way the component feels when you hold it in your hands tells you that it will provide years of enjoyment.
Offered in two stunning finishes, either the silver or the black components offer you a choice of style to match your personal design sensibility. Regardless of where it is displayed in your home it will be a statement of discrete elegance.
Just one listen will confirm that like the matching NuPrime DAC-10, the NuPrime ST-10 is at the very peak of audio performance. Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact. The music you enjoy is reproduced with precision and everything you hear is natural and true to life. With ultra-low distortion and near unmeasurable levels of noise, you can experience the truth and beauty of your music. With lightning-fast, wide-range dynamics all types of music are reproduced exactly as you would hear them live. The experience is complete with the vast soundstage that the NuPrime ST-10 creates. You will be immersed in the musical event and feel as if you are actually 'there'.
Simply stated, the NuPrime ST-10 offers an incredibly honest, life-like, musical experience.
The NuPrime ST-10 amplifier is NuPrime's Reference LE (near-reference) power amplifier for listeners who require a reference-class amplifier at a somewhat lesser power rating of 2 x 150W (8 Ohm). NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification and the dry, clinically edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional sound stage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
The “LE” of Reference LE designates near-reference-class performance. The fourth generation (V4 amplifier module) of this patented amplifier design outperforms its predecessor in several aspects:
- It lowers the noise floor by an astounding 20dB and elevates the output stage to 85% efficiency.
- Shortened circuit pathways result in a 20% improvement in through-put.
Improved reliability in no-load condition and short circuit protection.
- Increased output current drive capability for low impedance speakers.
- Increased switching frequency to 700 KHz and an improved musical sampling rate.
- Improved S/N ratio and dynamic range.
- New linear power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer. Reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance.
- Signal path avoids cross-linking capacitors, thus achieving a frequency response at DC level for pure musical enjoyment.
- Enhanced even-order harmonic (H2) circuitry resembling the most attractive features of tubed-amp sound without its drawbacks and limitations.
The NuPrime Sound
- Vast soundstage
- Wide, lightning-fast dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 1
- XLR: Balanced input x 1
- Stereo Speaker Out x 1
- Power Output: 150W x 2 at 8 Ohms; 150W x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- Gain: X 28
- Input Impedance: 23.5k Ohms
- 12V trigger input. It can use any standard male to male 3.5mm (3-pin type) cable.
- Sensitivity: 0.89 V to rated power
- THD+N: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 0 Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- S/N Ratio: 91dB @ 10W
- Dimensions: 59 mm H x 215.4 mm W x 394 mm D
- Weight: 7 kg
ST-10 is a phase inverting amp. If you are certain that the +/- (usually the red/white connectors) phase of your inputs are non inverting, then you should reverse the +/- inputs for each channel on ST-10. All other NuPrime amps were designed as non-inverting amp. If you have no idea what this is all about, don’t bother with making any adjustment.
I was looking where to buy NuPrime ampliphier to complete my new set. I found Summit HiFi store with the line of products of this brand, but before placing an order on line I decided to contact the store specialists and called them. I spoke to Mr. Aamir. He found out what gear I already had and gave me a good advice regarding which particular amplifier would be the best match for my set. Also, he offered me an attractive price. Delivery was fast. After testing the amplifier I was completely satisfied both with product quality and Summit HiFi service. NuPrime ST-10 power amplifier, which I bought, exactly corresponds with good experts reviews. Thank you, Mr. Aamir!
I have been running some pretty fabulous Mono bloc amps for a few years and thought I would swap up to something different... Holy! These amps made my big JBL XP 200A speakers SING. Punchy, articulate and wicked fast. Love em!