TW AD-5180 AMPLIFIER 5 X 180W 8Ω & 1200W TOROIDAL TRANSFORMER
The AD-5180 is the perfect amplifier to form the basis of a truly superb 5.1 channel surround sound or two channel audiophile stereo listening.
The AD-5180 has it all: enough power to drive any speaker cleanly and effortlessly, incredible clarity and detail, vanishingly low noise and distortion, and good looks with beautiful blue LED Lights on the front panel and analogue blue lighted meter with red needle. Our new AD-5180 carries cutting edge design, a massively over-designed power supply and output stages. We used high quality parts and construction throughout, to provide incredibly excellent sound quality, and exceptional value for our friends.
The new AD-5180 delivers 180 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms. All channels driven, at less than 0.1% THD+N. It is absolutely stable into virtually every real-world speaker load. You'll ever encounter, and will never allow the slightest hint of strain or harshness to intrude on your musical experience.
The AD-5180 is an audiophile-grade power amplifier that provides five channels of superb quality audio amplification. The AD-5180 features our fully discrete, high-current, short signal path class A/B output section, and all of the advanced engineering and high quality construction you've come to expect from Summit HiFi & ToneWinner product line. The new AD-5180 includes all of the cutting-edge engineering and exceptional audiophile sound.
Features offered by the AD-5180 Amplifier:
- True audiophile-quality sound - the AD-5180 was designed first and foremost to sound superb in both music and home theatre systems.
- Great sounding Class A/B topology and advanced engineering - ensure smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging while maintaining efficient performance.
- Heavy duty power supply with oversized toroidal transformer - provides plenty of real power for demanding program material, and has plenty of reserves to deliver signal peaks without any sense of strain.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout - promise years of reliable service.
- Totally stable - designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- New styling - Front panel Consist of analogue meter and LEDs light on L/R side of the amplifier.
- Toggle switch - lets you disable the LEDs for discreet operation.
- Heavy steel 4RU chassis with milled aluminum face plate - provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Gold plated five-way speaker binding posts with clear shields - allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Solid machined gold-plated RCA input connectors - provide a reliable connection with a wide variety of audio interconnects.
- Choice of balanced or unbalanced inputs - independently controlled by high-reliability metal toggle switches to ensure long service life.
- Remote trigger input and output - allow the AD-5180 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection - entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- Universal AC line voltage operation - 115 VAC or 230 VAC (with automatic detection and switching).
- Standard IEC power inlet - fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Fully transferable 2 - year warranty and Trade-In Program - ensures that you'll be able to enjoy your AD-5180 for years to come
Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B.
Number of Channels:
Power Output (rated power; THD < .1%):
180 watts per channel; into 8 Ohms.
300 watts per channel; into 4 Ohms.
Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load):
20 Hz to 20 kHz + / - 0.075 dB.
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance:
4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
10 Hz to 60 kHz (+1/-3db).
THD + noise:
< 0.0008%. ( 1khz, normal working condition
Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 112dB at rated power (A-weighted).
Damping Factor (8 Ohm load):
Speaker Output Connections:
Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.
Twelve 10000uF/80V Capacitors for power storage
Massive 1200W heavy duty toroidal transformer
Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load):
Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); one each per channel, independently selectable.
33 kohms (balanced).
23.5 kohms (unbalanced).
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 100 mA.
115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators:
Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status Panel LEDs; L/R blue lights & analogue lighted meter.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls:
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
Status LEDs switch; disables front panel Status LEDs and analogue meter
Input selector switches (one per channel); metal toggle switches; select between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
The AD-5180 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections,
ground faults, and other common fault conditions
17" wide x 7.75" high x 19" deep; unboxed (includes feet and binding posts).
23-1/2" wide x 12" high x 24-3/4" deep (boxed).
72.75 pounds unboxed (81.5 pounds boxed).
Warranty: 2 years warranty is included Customer is responsible for shipping defective unit to our repair centre and than Summit Hi-Fi will pay for return shipping from repair centre.
After a few months using the Tonewinner AD 5180, the amplifier is flawless. Runs quite cool, and has plenty of power. It just got better. Changing my A/V processor from a Yamaha to the NAD M17v2 (Summit) made a significant difference. The AD 5180 now shows its depth, power, and finesse with both 2ch, and movies. Subtle nuances in both (especially) music, and movies are now revealed, which I never knew were there. What ever the NAD throws at it, is uncolored, super clean, and pure. It is hard to describe. I find myself listening to music at a much lower volume, the punch, clarity, and detail is amazing. I now own 2 '5180s! (5.2.4) To say that I am impressed with the Tonewinner AD 5180 is an understatement. I truly believe that to buy a better amplifier, be prepared to spend ALOT more money. Aamir has been instrumental in helping me make choices. With his product knowledge and guidance, I now have a system that has truly exceeded my expectations.
I've been running the 5180 for about 2 weeks. I notice a substantial improvement in the sound quality vs the amp in my Onkyo RZ920 much more headroom. I have it set up on top of my rack do to running on the warm side. If you are looking to place it inside a cabinet I would add additional cooling.The 5180 is built like a tank at this price point it's awesome!!
First, let me join the crowd by saying that Amir, the representative, was true to his word, even though it was costly for him, i.e., he delivered the product as promised, even though it had to be shipped overseas. And, it came very quickly, considering how far it had to travel - within a week. Amir answered all of my questions and is willing to stand behind his product.
Regarding the Amplifier: I examined many amplifiers out there, before I made the decision to purchase the AD-5180. I have only had the amplifier for about two weeks now and I am very please, so far. It really can't be beat. It has the same, or greater, specifications; high quality; and sold build of much higher priced amplifiers - very clean. The meter alone puts this unit above the myriad of amplifiers out there that are mere, non-interesting, boxes. And the meter serves a function: to indicate signal strength and show how much amplitude is going to its designated speakers. I would prefer the meter broke down the signal from each channel but, it is better than most other brands - no meters at all.
The sound quality can't be beat either. I have McIntosh amps on board also, as well as, McIntosh speakers and this AD-5180 delivers its signal equally well.
Final thought: I saw a review, on YouTube, that indicated that there was some low level hum, from the unit, when it was not sounding anything. I don't find that to be true. My speakers do not produce any hum from this unit. It is dead silent when not sounding anything.
I am very pleased with my decision to purchase the AD-5180. It is a tremendous value. I'm sure you will feel the same way, if they don't raise the price as it becomes more popular.
p.s. I'm not being paid to write this. :)
Excellent service the 5180 is a real nice addition to my home system.
I was a bit sceptical on this but Amir assured me I was making the correct decision. I got my forklift out and moved it to my theater room (kidding, but it is hefty) have this running off a Denon X4500 with a Infiniti RC263 center, 2 JBL Studio 590 and Studio 530 for front heights and just WOW! It woke these speakers up something fierce, Midbass just hits me in the chest now! 100% clear and clean with lots of power on tap. It is also a vey nice looking amp and you can tell it is well made.
I tried an Emotiva Basx A300 and even tried the Crown XLS series, They both kinda sounded the same, Muddy and unclear, The Tone Winner is crystal clear, tight and clean. 100% would buy it again!